Tickets for Knock Shrine, Knock, Co. Mayo on Sunday 26th August 2018
Get a Ticket (Knock)
- The Knock Shrine Angelus for World Meeting of Families 2018 is a free ticketed event. This event is taking place outdoors at Knock Shrine. Every adult and every child in attendance will require a ticket to access the Knock Shrine domain on 26th August 2018. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. All tickets will be for standing sections.
- Tickets for this event will be available for booking on this website on the 25th June 2018. From the 25th of June, book your ticket through an online form on this page. Your ticket will be sent to you by post closer to the event.
- Due to the timing and distances, you must choose which event you would like to attend – Phoenix Park or Knock. There will not be enough time to attend both events – you may only apply for one of these events.
When registering for a ticket, you will be asked for the following information:
Why am I being asked for this?
Name & postal address
To identify you as the person applying for the ticket.
Your tickets will be sent by email.
You will be asked where you plan to travel from on the day and how you plan to travel.
his information will inform your assigned route to follow for the event.
You will not receive your ticket for entry immediately upon booking - tickets will be sent to you via post to the delivery address you provided. Tickets will be posted closer to the event date along with details of how to get to your location in Knock.
Your personal data will only be used for the ticketing process or to communicate with you regarding World Meeting of Families and the Knock Shrine Angelus itself. Your data will be securely stored and managed. We will seek your acceptance of terms and conditions during the application process.
Prepare for a big journey
- Allow yourself plenty of time to reach the venue. While there will be walking involved, there will be rest areas along the route for your comfort.
- Some walking is unavoidable due to the size, scale and location of this event.
- While this is a standing venue, however you will be allowed to bring a small folding chair with you. Further details on what is permitted in the venue can be found here.
- Seek medical advice if you have any concerns about your ability to participate in an event of this scale.
Plan your Transport
Decide how you will travel to Knock in advance - bus, train, coach or private car - this will benefit your experience. When you receive your ticket for the event, it will include your route you will use to enter Knock.
A number of park and ride facilities will be available to allow you to drive a certain part of the journey by car and then you will be required to walk to Knock Shrine.
A comprehensive transportation plan is being finalised and we will provide detailed information on all modes of transport shortly. These plans will be available on Transport for Ireland www.transportforireland.ie and www.gov.ie/en/visit-of-pope-francis.
Attendance at this event is entirely free of charge. However, at the end of your ticket booking, you will be given the opportunity to make a voluntary donation to World Meeting of Families 2018 to help cover costs. This is entirely optional and your tickets are not, in any way, dependent on receipt of a voluntary donation.
For clergy registration information and booking links, please click here.
For Frequently Asked Questions on Tickets for the Final Mass in the Phoenix Park, click here.
Back to Information on Knock Event, Plan your Journey, Prepare for a Long Journey and Frequently Asked questions and answers on this event.
For information on tickets to attend other World Meeting of Families 2018 events, please click here.