Tickets for the Final Mass on Sunday 26th August 2018
Single Day Tickets for the Final Mass
Tickets for the Final Mass are free and will be available from this website on 25th June 2018.
- The Mass is a free event but you will need a ticket to gain entry. Every adult and every child attending will need a ticket. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. All tickets will be for standing sections.
- If you have already booked your ticket(s) to attend the Phoenix Park Final Mass through the Pastoral Congress Registration you do not need to take any action - your ticket(s) are already secured. Details of your tickets will be sent to you via email before July 31st and you will be able to print these at home in advance of your arrival.
- From the 25th of June, book your ticket through an online form on this page. Your ticket will be sent to you by email closer to the event.
- Due to the timing and distances, you must choose which event you would like to attend – Phoenix Park or Knock. There will not be enough time to attend both events – you may only apply for one of these events.
When registering for a ticket, you will be asked for the following information:
Why am I being asked for this?
Name & postal address
To identify you as the person applying for the ticket.
Your tickets will be sent by email.
You will be asked where you plan to travel from on the day and how you plan to travel.
This information will inform your assigned route to follow for the event.
You will not receive your ticket for entry immediately upon booking – Tickets will be sent closer to the event by email in the form of a ‘print at home’ ticket. This will include travel information, along with details of how to get to your section at the event. Your 'print at home' ticket will be sent to you by email by the 31st July.
Prepare for your journey
- Allow yourself plenty of time to reach the venue. While there will be walking involved, there will be rest areas along the route for your comfort.
- Some walking is unavoidable due to the size, scale and location of this event.
- While this is a standing venue, you will be allowed to bring a small folding chair with you. Further details on what is permitted will be updated closer to the Final Mass date and will be found here.
- Seek medical advice if you have any concerns about your ability to participate in an event of this scale.
Read more about preparing for a long journey here.
Plan your Transport
- Decide how you will travel to the Phoenix Park well in advance. You are strongly advised to walk, take public or group transport (coach) to this event.
- Public transport and coaches will be given priority and will bring you closest to Phoenix Park.
- It will not be possible to drive up to or near to the Phoenix Park by car.
A comprehensive transportation plan is being finalised and we will provide detailed information on all modes of transport shortly. These plans will be available on Transport for Ireland www.transportforireland.ie, and www.gov.ie/en/visit-of-pope-francis
Attendance at this event is entirely free of charge. However, at the end of your ticket booking, you will be given the opportunity to make a voluntary donation to World Meeting of Families 2018 to help cover costs. This is entirely optional and your tickets are not, in any way, dependent on receipt of a voluntary donation.
- For Frequently Asked Questions on Tickets for the Final Mass in the Phoenix Park, click here.
- For more information on the Final Mass, please click here.
- For information on tickets to attend other World Meeting of Families 2018 events, please click here.
For clergy registration information and booking links, please click here.
Accessing Final Mass tickets when booking for the Congress
A first level of access is available for people attending the three day of Congress that will take place from the 22 to 24 August 2018. Booking a three day or a one day registration to the WMOF2018 Congress guarantees the opportunity at the same time to book a free ticket to the Final Mass at time of registration.
Click here to register for the Congress and access your tickets to the Final Mass.