Themes and Topics
The World Meeting of Families will focus on key issues related to family drawn from Pope Francis’ teachings in The Joy of Love (Amoris Laetitia). These include:
- The role of technology in the Family
- The impact of conflict on families and children
- Building a more sustainable approach to the economy, work and the environment
- Faith and family
- Women’s leadership roles, globally and locally
- The role of education in raising families out of poverty
Main theme for WMOF2018
The events of each day will be guided by a key theme from The Joy of Love.
Day One (Tuesday 21 August):
Opening Ceremony Theme – The Joy of Love in Families is also the Joy of the Church.
Day Two (Wednesday 22 August):
Pastoral Congress Theme – The Family and Faith (AL Chapters 1-3).
Day Three (Thursday 23 August):
Pastoral Congress Theme – The Family and Love. (AL Chapters 4-6)
Day Four (Friday 24 August):
Pastoral Congress Theme – The Family and Hope. (AL Chapters 7-9).
Day Five (Saturday 25 August):
Festival of Families Theme – The Family: Celebrating with Joy!
Day Six (Sunday 26 August):
Theme of the Final Mass – The Gospel of the Family: Joy for the World.