Celebrating the Lord’s Day as Family.
10:00 - 11:00 Panel 1: Celebrating the Lord’s Day as Family.
(Dodder B) – EN
Moderator: Colette Furlong, Diocese of Elphin, Ireland - Text available for download - Click here.
• Gemma Mulligan, Diocese of Ossory, Ireland -
Text available for download - Click here.
Presentation click here
• Rosemary Lavelle and Colin Thomson, Archdiocese of Dublin, Ireland
Text available for download - Click here
Presentation available for download here
• Salvatore Martinez, President, Vatican Foundation International Center Family of Nazareth, Italy -
Text available for download - ENGLISH - ITALIAN
“A family’s living space could turn into a domestic church, a setting for the Eucharist, the presence of Christ seated at its table” (AL, 15). This panel celebrates the family as a space filled with the presence of God and discusses how coming together as a family to celebrate the Lord’s Day can enrich our relationships and family life.
Colette Furlong, Diocese of Elphin, Ireland
Gemma Mulligan, Diocese of Ossory, Ireland
Rosemary Lavelle and Colin Thomson, Archdiocese of Dublin, Ireland
Rosemary Lavelle and Colin Thompson are married with 4 grown up sons. She is from Dublin and is a pastoral coordinator in the Office for Evangelisation and Ecumenism in the Archdiocese of Dublin, training and supporting Parish Pastoral Councils and promoting adult faith initiatives. She is interested in how prayer, liturgical music and ritual informs and nourishes faith. Rosemary holds a Masters in Liturgy from St Patrick’s College, Maynooth, and is a member of the National Council for Liturgy. She loves cooking, singing and travelling. Colin has an interest in peace building and ecumenical theology. He completed a dissertation, "The 'normal family man' and child sexual abuse in church and society" for a Masters in 1990 with the Irish School of Ecumenics. He works in the diocese of Dublin with the Parish of the Travelling People, promoting the social inclusion of Irish Travellers. He loves travelling, history and walking.
Salvatore Martinez, President, Vatican Foundation International Center Family of Nazareth, Italy
Salvatore Martinez is President of Rinnovamento nello Spirito Santo, a lay movement with 1800 Groups and Communities in Italy, Missions abroad, Schools of formation, Foundations for human promotion.
- President of the Vatican Foundation “International Center Family of Nazareth”, erected by Pope Benedict XVI, for the development of the Magisterium of the Family in the world, with special focus on the Middle East.
- President of the Observatory on Religious Minorities in the World and on the Respect for Religious Freedom, a body promoted by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- Personal Representative of the OSCE 2018 Chairperson-in-Office to "Combat Racism, Xenophobia, Discrimination against Christians and members of Other Religions".
Consultor and member of several national and international organizations. Writer, 25 of his books have been published, some translated into English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Polish, Mandarin. Speaker and educator for Universities, Institutions and Movements, and has spoken in 42 countries over five Continents.