WMOF2018 DAY FOUR - Friday 24 August - Pastoral Congress in the RDS
Theme – The Family and Hope
10:00 - 11:00 Major Panel 1
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
(Hall 8C) – EN 🎧 ES, IT, FR
• Marie Collins, Survivor of Abuse, Former member of the Pontifical Commission for Protection of Minors and Patron of ‘The Marie Collins Foundation’, Ireland
• Barbara Thorp, Social Worker, Former Head of The Office for Pastoral Support and Child Protection, Archdiocese of Boston, USA
• Baroness Prof Sheila Hollins, former member of the Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors, England
• Prof. Gabriel Dy-Liacco, Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors, Philippines
10:00 - 11:00 Panel 1:
Celebrating the Lord’s Day as Family.
(Dodder B) – EN
Moderator: Colette Furlong, Diocese of Elphin, Ireland
• Gemma Mulligan, Diocese of Ossory, Ireland
• Rosemary Lavelle and Colin Thomson, Archdiocese of Dublin, Ireland
• Salvatore Martinez, President, Vatican Foundation International Center Family of Nazareth, Italy
10:00 - 11:00 Panel 2:
Relationship and Sexuality Education in the Light of Amoris Laetitia.
(Hall 8D) – EN 🎧FR
Moderator: Bishop Denis Nulty, Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin, Ireland
▪ Valérie and Privat Ternynck, Mother of Misercordia Association, France
▪ Anita Conlan, ACCORD, Ireland
10:00 - 11:00 Presentation 3:
Pope Francis on the Gospel of the Family: What is Jesus Calling our Families to be?
(Hall 2) – EN 🎧 ES, IT, FR
Presenter: Bishop Robert E. Barron, Auxiliary Bishop, Archdiocese of Los Angeles, USA
10:00 - 11:00 Panel 3:
The Impact of Imprisonment on Families.
(Hall 8B) - EN
Description: While visiting a prison in Philadelphia Pope Francis urged people in prison, their family and the correctional officers to believe in the possibility of rehabilitation because Christ saves us from the lie that says that nobody can change. This panel discusses the difficulties experienced by families with members currently serving time in prison and suggests ways in which families can receive sufficient pastoral support.
• Breda Coman
• Sr Imelda Wickham
• Ruth Comerford
• Mary Hanrahan
• Christine Hoctor
• Joe O'Rourke
• Sinead McNeela
• Larry de Cleir
• Cathal Duddy
• Ester Murphy
• Mary Mullins
• Brian Hanly
• John O'Sullivan
• Ciaran Dallat
• Oonah Hanrahan
• Sean Duggan
10:00 - 11:00 Panel 4:
Breaking the Silence: Dealing with Domestic Violence.
(Hall 3) – EN 🎧 ES, IT
Moderator: Norah Casey, Irish businesswoman, magazine mogul, television personality and broadcaster from Dublin, Ireland.
• Ignacio Socias, Director General of The International Institute for Family Research, Spain
• Dr Mary Goss, ACCORD, Ireland
• Dr Carol Baumann, COPE Galway Domestic Violence Refuge & Outreach Service, Galway, Ireland
• Dr Monica McWilliams, Academic and Former Politician, Ireland (North)
10:00 - 11:00 Panel 5:
Supporting Families Through the Heartbreak of Divorce: A Diocese Accompanying Families Through Difficult Times
(Merrion Room) - ES
Facilitators: Representatives of the Santa Teresa project of the Archdiocese of Toledo, Spain
Description: This interactive workshop will share the experiences of those involved in the Santa Teresa project of the Archdiocese of Toledo which offers accompaniment to families experiencing the upheaval of separation and divorce. Pope Francis recently met with representatives of the project and families who have been involved.
• Archbishop Braulio Rodríguez Plaza
• Fr Miguel Garrigós Domínguez
• Jesús Manuel Díaz-Rincón
• Díaz & Mercedes Muelas Ballestero
• Isabel Campoy Osset and her daughter Teresa Cabezas Campoy
• María Esperanza Gómez-Menor Palacios
• Cristina Gómez Iglesias
• María del Valle Lugo Relanzón
• Ana María Moreno Méndez
• María Concepción Gómez-Caro Velasco
• María Luisa Castañeda Pedrero
• Luis Alfonso Corcuera Alonso
• Pilar Iniesto López
10:00 - 11:00 Presentation 1:
Accompanying, Discerning and Integrating: Human Fragility and Amoris Laetitia.
(Hall 8A) – IT 🎧 ES, EN, FR
Presenter: H. E. Cardinal Gualtiero Bassetti, Archbishop of Perugia-Citta della Pieve, President of the Italian Bishops’ Conference.
10:30-11:30 Presentation 2:
How to Get your Family to Heaven!
(Hall 7) – EN. 🎧 ES, IT
Speaker: Fr Leo Patalinghug, Priest, Chef and Author, USA
Description: This practical, theological, sociological and inspiring talk will help answer the questions parents ask most:What's my most important job in life? Answer: To get your family to heaven? Question: How? Well, you'll have to attend this lecture to hear how you can do it!
11:30 - 12:30 Major Panel 2 (a)
Glued to our Phones: Can Technology become more Family Friendly?
(Hall 8C). EN. 🎧 ES, IT, FR
Moderator: Brenda Drumm, Media and Communications Manager WMOF2018
• Aoibheann Mangan,
• Tim Hynes, CIO AIB
• Monique Morrow, President and Co-Founder of the Humanized Internet
• John Hartnett, Founder and CEO of SVG Partners, LA
11:30 – 12:30 Major Panel 2 (b):
Dancing to the Future with Hope: Strengthening Marriage & the Family today.
(Hall 8A) – EN 🎧 ES, IT, FR
Moderator: Gabriella Gambino, Under-Secretary, Dicastery for Laity, Family and Life.
• Geraldine Hallahan O’Brien, ACCORD, Ireland
• Breda O’Brien & Brendan Conroy, Couples Testimony, Ireland
• Gerry Mangan, Teams of Our Lady, Ireland
• Fr. Bernardino Giordano, Italy
11:30 - 12:30 Panel 1:
The Family that Prays Together: Finding Time for Prayer in a Digital Age.
(Hall 3) - EN 🎧 ES, IT
Moderator: Wendy Grace, Managing Director at Compass Communications, Ireland.
• Dr. Marco Brusati, Dicastery for Laity, Family and Life
• Cristina Lopez Schlichting, COPE, Spain
• Francis Monahan, ACCORD, Ireland
• Br Richard Hendrick OFM, Cap, Ards Friary and Retreat Centre, Donegal, Ireland
11:30 - 12:30 Panel 2:
Promoting the Gospel of the Family: The Role of Family Associations Today.
(Hall 8B) - IT 🎧 EN, FR
Moderator: Msgr. Carlos Simon, Dicastery for Laity, Family and Life
• Antoine Renard, European Federation of Catholic Family Associations, France
• Prof. Francesco Belletti, International Centre for Family Studies, Italy
11:30-12:30 Panel 3:
The Family as an Agent of Peace in a Turbulent World.
(Hall 2) – EN 🎧 ES, IT
Moderator: Carl Anderson, Supreme Knight of the Knights of Columbus, USA.
• Dr Monica Williams, Academic and Former Politician, Ireland (North)
• Fr Michael Shields, Aid to the Church in Need, USA
• David Livingstone, Testimony of Child Solider, Salt & Light, Uganda
11:30 - 12:30 Panel 4:
Marriage, the Family and the Search for Christian Unity.
(Hall 8D) - EN 🎧 IT
Moderator: Bishop Brian Farrell, Secretary of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
• Francesca and Filippio De Carlo, Mistero Grande, Italy
• Nadia and Tony Fraga, Truro Anglican Church, USA
• Deacon Mr Jim Adams, ACCORD, Ireland
11:30 - 12:30 Panel 5:
Homecoming Reading; Unlocking the Hope and Healing of the Scriptures.
(Merrion Room) – EN
Facilitators: Prof. Seamus O’ Connell, Dr Jessie Rogers and Rev. Philip Carder.
Description: An interactive workshop on using the Scriptures, through Lectio Divina, to support hope and healing in our lives, particularly in our families.
12:00 - 13:00 Presentation 4:
Theme: Spicing Up Our Married Life: Satisfying Couples Hunger for True Love.
(Hall 7) – EN 🎧 ES
Speaker: Fr Leo Patalinghug. US Priest, Chef & Author.
Description: Spicing Up Married Life, teaches couples how to celebrate their anniversaries - not just once per year, but each month! With a background in marriage counseLling & with his culinary background, Fr. Leo brings couples to the tables, addresses what each is hungering for, and provides a "recipe" and a "strategy" to fulfil what couples hunger for the most - God's love through their spouse! Cooking Demonstration and talk with Faith & Family theme.
(All participants come together in the Family Arena)
14:30 MAIN ARENA KEYNOTE SPEAKER
EN 🎧 ES, IT, FR
H.E. Cardinal Mario Zenari, Apostolic Nuncio to Syria.
Theme: The Family as a Key to Peace in a Turbulent World.
EN 🎧 ES, IT, FR
Family Arena MC: Noirín Lynch
Theme: Christian Families from Troubled Parts of Our World.
• Fr Liam Lawton, Ireland
• Zaitoun Family, Syria
• Fr Michael Shields, Aid to the Church in Need, USA
16:30 MASS IN MAIN ARENA
EN 🎧 ES, IT, FR
H.E. Cardinal Kevin Farrell, Prefect of the Dicastery for Laity, Family and Life.
Theme: The Family: Hope for the Church and for the World.
18:30 – 20:00 Bró Boru - Traditional Irish Music by Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann
(Hall 2) EN
Please note that this information is subject to change.