Safeguarding and Policy Statements
- Reproduction of the WMOF2018 Logo
- Reproduction of the WMOF2018 Icon
- Website Terms and Conditions
World Meeting of Families 2018 is committed to best practice in the area of Safeguarding Children.
Download our Safeguarding Statement here.
Donwload our Safeguarding Policies here.
Please read guidelines and policies in relation to the reproduction of the WMOF2018 logo here.
Please read guidelines and policies in relation to the reproduction of the WMOF2018 icon here.
Use of this site is provided by World Meeting of Families 2018, (hereinafter referred to as “WMOF2018”) subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- WMOF2018 reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified from time to time.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to WMOF2018 are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied (Rider A). In no event will WMOF2018 be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract, in negligence or otherwise.
- WMOF2018 has taken steps to ensure that all information we provide on this site is correct, accurate and complete at the time of the last update. However, WMOF2018 does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- The copyright and all other rights in all the pages on this site are the property of WMOF2018 or its licensors. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by WMOF2018 to use any item displayed on this site. All rights are reserved except that individual sections on the site may be downloaded or printed solely for personal, private use or by ecclesiastical organisations on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not WMOF2018). All rights are reserved on these external documents and photos and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- WMOF2018 takes no responsibility for the content of external websites.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or otherwise, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. Posts to the website or WMOF2018 social media channels which use offensive language, personal insults or otherwise will be removed at the discretion of WMOF2018. Similarly spam messages will be removed.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland, and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland to settle any disputes which may arise in connection with these terms and conditions.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full by you, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
Rider A: You acknowledge and agree that while all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information on this site was accurate at the time of its being placed on the site, the information is being provided on an ‘as is’ basis. No express or implied guarantee, representation, endorsement or warranty of any type is given by WMOF2018 with respect to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information appearing on, or provided in conjunction with, this site.
Privacy & Security
Your support, your privacy and your trust is of utmost importance to WMOF2018. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. By visiting this WMOF2018 website you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
How do we collect personal information?
Information is collected using a variety of methods. You will be asked to provide your personal information when registering to become a volunteer, registering to attend events, making a donation, requesting information or updates at promotional events, through this site, e-mail, direct mail or telephone communications. From time to time we may record your telephone calls for verification and training purposes.
What do we collect?
WMOF2018 does not collect any personal information other than information that is knowingly and willingly given by you. Through our interaction with you we may gather a range of contact details, including but not limited to, email address, mobile number, postal address and landline numbers.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We need to collect your personal information in order to respond to queries, process registration to become a volunteer, attend events and issue receipts. Any information volunteered by you will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003 and the ePrivacy Regulations 2011 (as amended from time to time).
We also comply with the Personal Data Security Breach Code of Practice.
Our cookies help us improve the speed and security of the site and to measure the behaviour of our visitors so we can improve our site and your experience of it. The cookies can help remember details of your visits to our website e.g. traffic data, location data, your IP address, the previous website from which you reached us and the type of browser you use.
Cookies also allow you the user to share pages with social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- Collect any personally identifiable information without your express permission;
- Collect any sensitive information without your express permission;
- Pass data to advertising/marketing networks; and
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
Accordingly, our privacy statement will apply to our treatment of the information we obtain via our cookies.
Types of Cookies Used on the Site
The following are the main types of cookies used on the Site:
Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user.
Third Party Cookies
- iCatholic; and
How to Manage and Disable Cookies
Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies. You can manage cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to decline all cookies or which prompts you on whether to accept each cookie. If you use your browser setting to block all or some cookies (including essential cookies) all or some parts of this site may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
Find Out More
You can find out more information about cookies a www.allaboutcookies.org which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
If you connect with WMOF2018 using social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook, we will receive data about you as per that social media site’s terms and conditions. Please refer to these sites for further information.
Posts to this site or WMOF2018 social media channels which use offensive language or personal insults will be removed at WMOF2018’s discretion. Similarly spam messages will be removed.
Do we share your information?
We respect your privacy and will not sell or give your details to other organisations for marketing purposes.
Corrections and complaints
Corrections can be made by calling us at +353 1 5676800 requesting to speak with a member of the marketing department or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that you wish to raise a concern with regard to any data WMOF2018 may hold on you, you may raise this with WMOF2018 data protection officer in writing to:
Data Protection Officer, World Meeting of Families 2018, Holy Cross Diocesan Centre, Clonliffe Rd., Dublin 3, Ireland.
If you have any other queries or questions about privacy and/or security issues with regard to this site please contact us on: email@example.com.